Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Dru's mustache birthday party

Dru is going to Taiwan with his Chinese class this month.  He will be gone for his birthday and our anniversary.  I wanted to do something before he left so I decided to throw him a surprise party.  One day a couple years back we were at Michael's together and we came across these molds for chocolate mustaches.  He told me it would be so fun to have a mustache party and to have those one day.  So that's what I did.  I threw him a surprise mustache birthday party.  Luckily it was Dalia's birthday weekend so I told him people were coming over to celebrate her birthday.  I had to wait until the last possible minute to get all the mustache things out and once I got them out Dru got really confused.  He said, "I think the mustache thing is cool, but I don't get it.  For Dalia?"  So, right before guests began to arrive I told him that since we wouldn't be with him on his birthday that I wanted to do something for him before he left.  It ended up being a lot of fun.  We had some good food, fun mustaches to wear and lots of fun people to celebrate with.  I didn't get pictures of everybody who came, which is unfortunate, because everybody looked so comical wearing the fake mustaches.  Our girls wouldn't wear them, though.  Haha.
















1 comment:

  1. That’s a lot of mustaches! Happy birthday on growing older. My nephew’s birthday is also around the corner and I might add some mustaches as well. I am planning to decorate one of the New York venues for his birthday party and the theme is going to be ‘bob-the builder’. It is going to be so much fun with Bob and his mustache.

    ReplyDelete