Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ward Campout

Our ward had a camp out for the Labor Day weekend.  It was Thursday night and Friday night.  I really didn't feel like sleeping in tent on the ground and I didn't want to have to get up several times during the night to go to the bathroom in the dark.  I decided to stay at home with Dalia.  I wasn't sure how well she would do, either.  Dru and Mina packed their bags and went together.  There were two other ladies with their kids who showed up Thursday night.  Luckily, one of the kids was a little girl Mina's age and Mina ended up having a blast with her.  The made a fire to cook their dinners on and also roasted lots of marshmallows.  The next morning, the other two families left for the day leaving Mina and Dru there by themselves.  I had planned on taking Dalia up there at some point during the day because she really wanted to go camping even though she had no idea what that meant.  When Dru called to tell me they were there by themselves, Dalia and I quickly got dressed, had breakfast and headed out there.  So, we all spent the day together and had the campground to ourselves until about 4:30 that day when other families started showing up.  We played on the playground, the swings and in the little dining hall that had a kitchen and some games.  There were so many little flies that would just swarm you while outside that we ended up spending a lot of time inside.  The girls had lots of fun getting dirty and playing with the pool table and Dru and I enjoyed a few games of ping pong.  
When every one else showed up for the evening to camp out, there were so many kids to play with and everyone had so much fun.  We cooked our dinners on the fire, made s'mores and told jokes and sang around the fire.  Mina even got up in front of everyone to sing "I am a Child of God."  She had Dru go up with her because she was nervous and she had everyone sing with her, but she sang loud enough that I could hear her sweet voice.  When it got dark the flies left and it cooled down so it was very enjoyable.  Dalia had worn herself out, though, and kept asking to go home.  I packed her up and we headed home and she fell asleep within 5 minutes.  She had fun camping, though.
The next day, Dru, Mina and a few other families went on a little hike.  Dru said Mina did a fantastic job and was such a trooper.  I'm glad Dalia and I missed it, though.  Dru said I would have had a tough time and he's sure Dalia would have wanted to be carried.  He said there were gorgeous views and the hike was fun.
When they finally got home, Dru jumped in the shower and I threw both girls in the tub.  They were so dirty and I enjoyed rediscovering their faces as I wiped them clean.  
That night as I put Mina to bed, I asked her how she liked sleeping in a tent and she told me that she liked it, but said, "I just don't know why our tent wasn't pink and purple with flowers and butterflies on it."  Haha.  She's so funny.









Mina could not get enough of this swing.  She was going so high.  You can't really tell in the pictures just how high she was, but I was proud of her for being so brave.  We couldn't get Dalia to try it which kind of surprised me.





Dalia had a nice time on this tire swing, though.





Dirty, dirty, dirty.  All the time.



This is Mina's friend, Claire, who was there both nights to keep her company.


Ian was there the second night and the kids had fun playing in his tent.  Also, the green tent behind them was the tent Mina and Dru used.  Not nearly girly enough for Mina.



On the hike.  Go Mina!



















Mina was pooped and fell asleep eating cheetoes on the way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment