Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Primary Colors

Mina had been asking what colors it takes to make other colors.  I remembered seeing this little experiment on Pinterest and thought she would enjoy it.  We learned all about the primary colors and that those 3 colors can make every other color.  We dyed some water in 3 different cups blue, yellow and red.  We put twisted paper towels in each cup and put the other end of the paper towel in an adjacent cup.  We watched as the colors climbed the towels and combined, producing a new color.  Mina actually got a bit impatient so we helped the colors climb by sticking our fingers in the water and dabbing them higher up on the towels.  She did enjoy the experiment and learned from it.  She was excited to tell Dru all about it when he got home.









The girls wanted to paint their nails later, so we did.  Dalia was such a pain, though.  I painted 2 of her toenails before she told me she didn't want them painted and made me take them off.  So I took off the paint.  Then she decided she did want them painted, so I painted them all.  2 coats of polish and one coat of glitter.  I started on her fingernails.  I got 2 nails done and she wanted it off.  I took it off and then she decided she wanted them painted after all.  I painted them.  2 coats of polish and a coat of glitter.  When I finished and told her how to hold her hands for them to dry, not 5 minutes later she wanted all the polish off.  Off of her finger nails and toe nails.  I told her I wasn't going to take them off because I just knew she would want it right back on.  She cried, and cried... and cried!  She must have cried for at least a half hour about wanting all the nail polish off.  I didn't take it off.  It was a lot of work.  She liked them later on.



I love moments like this, when they just get a long and love each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment