Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween

We arrived at my parents' house in Texas late on October 30.  I was so excited to be there for Halloween because the girls would get to trick or treat with one of their cousins, Jasmine.  Since Mina was going dressed as Belle and Dalia was going dressed as Snow White, I offered to make Jasmine a princess Jasmine costume when we got to Texas.  I had Whitlee get all the fabric and supplies and I would use Meagan's sewing machine which I left in the garage last time I was in town.  Well, we went to get started and I couldn't find the machine.  Apparently Nicole, Denny and Dad organized the house, including the garage and took some of the Budge's things to their storage unit.  I called Dad to figure out if we could run to the unit to get it, but apparently Stephane's mom accidentally took the key with her to Florida.  Haha.  Oh well.  Luckily I got a hold of my Aunt Janeal and she saved the day by bringing her machine over for me to use.  The costume turned out so cute!  I was also able to quickly make Dalia a red headband for her Snow White costume.  I couldn't believe I didn't have a red bow with me and I couldn't find any scraps of red fabric or ribbon anywhere in my mom's house to make a bow with.  I almost cut up a red shirt until I came across a pack of new red dish rags.  There were a bunch of them so I took one and cut it up to make Dalia's bow.  My mom wasn't upset when she found out.  Lol.  And the girls wear the bow regularly.
So, that night we took the 3 little princesses trick or treating around the neighborhood.  Britny, Breklyn and Little Nicole came with us.  I was so happy to have them there, too.  Britny took over camera duty and I was able to help more with Dalia.  It was so fun to watch them go to each house and to say, "trick or treat" and "thank you."  Dalia brought "Pooh" with her.  (Any stuffed bear is Pooh to her.)  She would not put that bear down or let anyone else hold it.  It got a little frustrating because the bear was so big and she kept dropping it.  I ended up carrying her for a lot of it, but then halfway through our trip, Whitlee ran back to the house to get the wagon.  That helped a lot.  When we got back we let the girls pick out a few pieces of candy, I picked out a few for myself and then we ended up giving the Bartels the rest of the candy.  It was a fun Halloween and it was great to be with family.
















  


























 














No comments:

Post a Comment