Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Independence Day

We got a few invites for things to do on July 4th.  We wanted to do a couple things, but ended up only being able to go to the Olson's house for a barbecue.  I made the mistake of not putting Dalia down for a nap.  She had been so cute and sweet all day that I just wanted her with me.  I made the girls some festive skirts with big pockets on them to wear for the day.  Dalia has been obsessed with pockets lately and always wants to put things in them, even when she doesn't have a pocket on her.  She will resort to putting things down her shirt or in her diaper.  She was thrilled when I showed her the skirt with the big pockets and couldn't wait to put it on!  Mina loved hers, too.  They both immediately filled the pockets up with little toys and coins.  Dalia loves to throw coins in the fountain at the mall, so anytime she finds one she keeps it with her and continually tells us, "I want to throw the coin in the water" until we take her to do it.
The girls helped me make some delicious fruit tarts to bring the the barbecue.  I let Mina decorate one all by herself and I'm sad I didn't take a picture of it.  All the families who came to the party brought delicious desserts. Because I didn't let Dalia take a nap, she ended up having a couple of meltdowns at our friends home, but after she ate and ate at dinner time she seemed to be fine.  All the food was so good.  The company was great and other than not being able to see any fireworks (they're illegal in the area), it was a great day.
A couple weeks ago I traced the girls on some big paper and had them color them in.  They had a blast doing it and I really enjoyed watching and helping them.  They make me smile and laugh so much.





The next day, since Dru had a four day weekend, we took the girls to the aquarium.  Mina had been begging to go.









No comments:

Post a Comment