Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mardi Gras

A good part of my childhood was spent in Louisiana, pretty close to New Orleans.  Mardi Gras is very much celebrated there and we even had Mardi Gras parties in school, complete with king cakes and miniature float competitions.  I remember dragging my homemade float down the halls in parade fashion for all to see.  We went to parade after parade every year and would come home with beads, dabloons and little toys galore.  I remember having so much fun every year during Mardi Gras season.  I get excited when Mardi Gras rolls around every year, even to this day.  I've always wanted to have my own little Mardi Gras party and at least have a king cake to enjoy.  This year I decided to do it.  I took the girls to Party City to buy a few masks and beads and then I searched for an authentic king cake recipe.  The cake turned out very well.  I only wish I hadn't put the lemon juice in the icing.  I knew I wouldn't like it.  I don't typically like lemon flavored desserts, but the girls enjoyed it, I enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure Dru enjoyed it.  We didn't do much except wear our masks and eat the cake.  Dru had meetings to go to that night, so he wasn't even here, but it brought back lots of fun childhood memories.











1 comment: