Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin carving, painting and eating

We wanted to carve pumpkins this year and to let Mina paint one. She was very excited when we went to pick the pumpkins out. She calls them apples, though. At first we couldn't tell if she was saying apple or, a ball. The more she says it the more it sounds like apple. Below is a picture taken a week or two after our carving and painting session so the carved pumpkins had already started decaying and the paint on Mina's pumpkin had flaked away. Oh well.


This was right after she had put a glob of blue paint in her mouth. I showed her what to do before I handed her the brush, but she still had to find out if it was food or not.

She got the hang of it very quickly though. After the taste test and then trying it out on her shirt and foot, she actually painted the pumpkin.

What a cute little artist.

She concentrated very hard and had me open more colors of paint the further along she went.

I held the camera up close to get a picture of just her hand painting the pumpkin, but then all of a sudden her cute face appeared on the screen. What a little ham.

Beautiful use of color, Mina!

She really had so much fun!

This is the face she makes when she is really concentrating and determined.

Time to paint the hand!

She was helping me pick out the seeds and I looked up at her to see that she was tasting the pumpkin guts. See it all over her mouth?

I think she actually liked it. Eww.

I finally pretended to eat some and said it was yucky and spit it out. Then she started copying me.

I held some up to her to see if she would still eat it and she did.

1 comment: