Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our short time with Brian

My parent's dog Larsey had puppies shortly before we left Texas. I wanted so badly to bring one with us. Dru said no. But, he said if he passed a couple of tests he would be taking then we could figure out a way to bring Brian, the male puppy, up. Well he passed his tests so we talked some about ways we could get him up here. I really didn't think we ever would. One night Dru left to go help someone from church out, but was really picking Brian up from the airport. My uncle Rick had traveled to Texas and Dru had arranged to have him bring the dog back with him. Dru walked in the door and then in walks this adorable little puppy! I was so excited. I couldn't believe Dru had arranged all of this for me when I knew how much he did NOT want the puppy or any dog. It meant so much to me that he had done this. It still does. We woke Mina up to see Brian and she was even more excited than me.
After a week or so I realized again how much Dru didn't want him. I realized that a dog has to be loved by everyone in a family or it just can't work. It's not that Dru hated him or anything, but he didn't love him. It brought a lot of tears to my eyes and it was so hard to do, but I called my mom to tell her my decision and arranged to have her fly out here to visit and also to bring Brian back home.
It was so hard to send him away, but I know things are better this way and I enjoyed every minute we had with Brian. He was so sweet and such a good dog. He loved playing with Mina, too. And Mina loved playing with him. We miss him and I love Dru for letting us have the opportunity to have him in our home even for such a short time.










2 comments:

  1. Oh, happy and sad! We're getting two puppies on Friday! Two black labs. Originally, I was not a dog person. Russ is VERY much a dog person. Dogs LOVE him. Every dog. Ever. Really, strange dogs will come up to Russ and love on him. I have never seen a dog be aggressive with Russ. Ever. It's incredible. After observing this for a while, I decided that Russ needed to have dogs. And when we went to go play with these little puppies I seriously felt like I had just given birth to another child. When we had to leave them (because they weren't old enough to come home with us yet) it was like I was leaving my child. I've been anxious to bring them home since then! I can't WAIT. Anyway, that is a cute dog, too, by the way. Too bad Dru couldn't warm up to him :(

    Mina is getting SO big! Russ and I want to take a trip out to the East Coast maybe sometime next year to see all our friends who have moved that direction. We miss all of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete