Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mina's blessing day


I don't really know why we wanted to wait until we got back to Texas to bless Mina. I guess we wanted as many of our family members there as possible. We blessed her on December 19th which made her almost 8 months old. I wanted her to wear my blessing dress, but was worried it wouldn't fit her because we waited so long and she has grown so much. Luckily, it did fit. She looked very cute, but it was not practical for her to move around in. We were also worried that she would not be quiet during the blessing or that she would just move around too much. If you know Mina, you know she is very loud and that she never sits still. We decided to let her have a bottle of juice. That worked, but she did not want to give up the bottle when we were through.

Right after the blessing with the bottle.

Just took the bottle away.

Starting to get angry.

She wants the bottle back.

There we go. All is well. What a turd.

Mina and Daddy before the blessing (before the bottle).

Those who stood in the circle. And, of course, the bottle.

We had crammed 33 people and 4 dogs into my parent's house and blessed our cute little baby. It was awesome. We're so grateful for all the family and friends who love our precious Mina and were able to come. It meant a lot to us and I am sure it will to Mina someday.

1 comment:

  1. I was curious about the bottle. Now I know why she has it!

    ReplyDelete