Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Another week gone

Nothing much has happened this past week. Dru had a few days off. One morning I got up to feed Mina then Dru took her to the Wilde's house for the rest of the morning and I got to sleep really late!!! That was great. We had friends over for homemade pizza and pictionary one night and that was a blast. Wednesday we got to go to the Yoder's house for games and to see their incredibly cute 3 week old baby Griffith. He's pretty big for 3 weeks old, but still tiny and it always amazes me to see a new born and think that Mina used to be that tiny. We went swimming on Thursday. This was the first time Mina didn't really enjoy it. She was really, really tired when we went, though. I got her out and dried her off and she enjoyed watching Dru play around. And, of course, Ethan was there to make her smile. We always go swimming with the Wilde's and I guess we've made it a tradition to have pizza after we go swimming, so we went to the Wilde's house after to make pizza and play some games and ended the night off with some quality "the Office." It was a great day, "I do declare."
Sunday was the Primary program at church. Dru and I teach the 5 year olds and we love our class. I didn't get to sit up in the stands with the class because I had to take care of Mina, but it was fun to watch. During sharing time they had all the kids sit on the floor to watch a movie. Dru was laying on the floor with Mina and one of the boys in our class, Matthew, started being silly and all of a sudden I hear the cutest little laugh come out of Mina's cute little mouth. Matthew got her to laugh so hard and it was the cutest thing to watch. If you know Mina well enough, you know that it is extremely hard to get her to laugh. If you find something that makes her laugh it will only work that one time. She makes you be creative and find something new to entertain her each time. So far, my parents' dogs barking is her favorite thing to make her laugh. Now, Matthew. But, his technique for getting her to laugh did work for me and Dru later that night. Even during our class time, Mina sat and watched Matthew to see if he would do something silly. Sure enough, each time he would goof off, she would laugh. I loved it.
Well, Mina has been scooting all over the place. Occasionally she will get on all fours and rock a little bit, but so far no actual crawling. She can also almost sit her self up from laying down. She does a little more each day. I love that baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment